Recently, we shed light on CASL, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, making sure our readers are duly informed of how this may potentially affect their business and email marketing strategies. In the posts, you would see mentions of Klaviyo and DotMailer.
So who are these companies and why do you need to know them?
Simply put, ESPs (Email Service Providers) are companies that offer email services. To the general public, this may not be of much significance but to email marketers, an Email Service Provider is one of most powerful and effective communication tools.
According to Econsultancy, three-quarters of companies agree that email offers “excellent” to “good” ROI.
In fact a survey of US marketers conducted by the Direct Marketing Association
(DMA) and Demand Metric found that email had a median ROI of 122%
That said, choosing the right email marketing tool to suit your business requirements is crucial in achieving your desired revenue goals. So how do you go about choosing the right Email Service Provider that would work best for your scaling business needs?
Here’s our top 5 tips for choosing the best Email Service Provider for your business!
- Self service, full service, and a hybrid model
- Assessing the size and bandwidth of the team to identify the ability to use the ESP to its fullest functionalities and the need for a dedicated representative to assist and review the account.
- Understand what is most important to the team using the tool
- Is the team looking for automation of campaigns? Does the team require more flexibility in customizing?
- How integrable the ESP Platform is
- Always identify the partnerships these ESPs have with the eCommerce platforms and other technology solutions as this would create potential value e.g. product recommendations and personalizations, and inmail reviews.
- Determining the opportunity costs of selecting the different ESPs available and your goals now vs. 2 years down the road
- Adherence to Anti-Spam Laws
- Meeting the criteria and adhering to all Anti-Spam laws in countries which the business operates within.
Email Automation Capabilities
One of the biggest benefits in using ESPs is the use of a workflow builder which allows users to create basic to some of the most complex automated email campaigns.
A good ESP lays out the foundation of building a campaign with some of the customizable pre-formed workflows where you are able to add and edit the different rules and flows of the campaigns. You can also choose to save those customized workflows and reuse that template moving forward. Not only does this shorten lead times, it significantly increases time and production efficiencies.
How to Create Effective Email Campaigns
The following Email Service Providers are those that we trust the most to drive significant ROI for our retailers and merchants.
They all follow best practices, have amazing support teams, and exceptional training programs. They do so much more than just provide a platform for sending emails to customers, they help you create effective and targeted email campaigns.
Dotmailer – A leading email automation platform serving 1000s of brands across the globe with offices worldwide, Dotmailer’s mission is to empower marketers with the tools that make sophisticated, one to one email marketing easy and affordable.
Dotmailer’s state of the art Drag and Drop technology is eminent in all of its features and enable users to create sophisticated forms and templates within minutes.
Klaviyo – Driven by data to power better marketing, Klaviyo – Driven by data to power better marketing, Klaviyo takes pride in its deep out-of-the-box integrations that allow you to pull in more data to send more personalized, targeted emails that get better results. Klaviyo’s pre-built integrations with leading ecommerce platforms make it easy to get up and running even if you don’t have a team of developers on hand.
All features in Klaviyo are fully accessible to users regardless of what plan they’re on and Klaviyo offers month-to-month payments, which works well for users who do not wish to be bounded by contractual agreements.
Want more info?
For more information on the in-house email marketing Demac Media provides or if you need help identifying which ESP would best fit your needs: click here to contact us!