Emails are an important method of communication between you and the customer, they’re an essential part of your eCommerce business. They help to keep your customers up-to-date on new promotions, orders, shipments, new products, the list goes on! But what if you wanted to send a custom email for a particular Magento store view or install, change a logo or perhaps add a custom tracking number for shipping? Well, look no further! Below is a step-by-step guide on how to create custom email templates in Magento!
Before we get started, if you would like a full list of ALL Magento Transactional Emails, please click the button below to download.
Let’s get started!
How to Set-up Custom Email Templates in Magento
1. Go into the backend of Magento (this will be your admin panel, usually yoursite.com/admin)
2. Log into your admin panel
3. Navigate to System -> Transactional Emails
4. If you are currently using the Magento’s default email template, click ‘Add New Template’ and select your default template for the transactional email you would like to change and click ‘Load Template’. Otherwise, click on the template you are using and copy/paste the template content to your new email template.
5. Make the changes you would like to the new template and save the template. You can change the logo or insert blocks to this template in a similar manner to a CMS page.
Example – Changing the logo: