Buying products online is a relatively new phenomenon in the worldwide retail sector and it is one that the channel is still trying to get used to. Some retailers have chosen to go online to chase the eCommerce side of the business while some retailers stay true to the traditional, physical retail store option. Of course, some retailers have encompassed both avenues which can lead to fantastic growth. This infographic explores the whole area of online shopping and retail, focusing on the growth of eCommerce worldwide. Online shopping is a huge issue for those traditional retailers who have decided not to move online as they deal with customers show-rooming, i.e. browsing their products in-store but not actually purchasing until they go online. The infographic also studies possible future trends in online retail worldwide.
- Global online retail sales have increased 17 per cent per year since 2007. Tweet this.
- The expected percentage of U.S. digital shoppers in 2018 is 92.3 per cent. Tweet this.
- The expected percentage of U.S. digital buyers in 2018 is 79.6 per cent. Tweet this.
- The most common type of products purchased online? Consumer electronics. Tweet this.
- Online shoppers expect competitive prices, easy payment solutions, quick delivery, and free returns. Tweet this.